There are some valuable things to think about when you are considering living donation.
Questions to Ask:
- What are your basic feelings and beliefs about organ donation?
- What are the risks and benefits to you if you or your loved one donates?
- What impact will donation have on your relationships with the recipient or your other family members?
- How will the donor manage work responsibilities while recovering?
- Who else might be considered as a donor? How will you all agree on who should be considered first?
- How will you and your potential donor feel if the evaluation process rules out their ability to donate?
- Who will be your support network to help you through this process?